Sinead is a highly experienced commercial litigation lawyer specialising in contractual and commercial disputes with particular expertise in property related issues.
Sinead delivers commercially pragmatic advice to clients on available causes of action, merits of claims, costs and case strategy and is particularly focussed on achieving early resolution of disputes without recourse to litigation.
Prior to joining HOS Partners LLP, Sinead was a senior associate in the litigation and dispute resolution department of Byrne Wallace LLP where she worked for 10 years.
Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland, 2006
- Acting for a range of clients in disputes concerning the sale and purchase of commercial properties to include service of completion notices, forfeiture of deposits, breaches of contract, misrepresentation and obtaining vacant possession.
- Advising commercial landlords and tenants in relation to breaches of covenants, rent arrears claims, disputes involving the exercise of break options, forfeiture and statutory tenancy rights and all related Court applications.
- Acting for clients in non-contentious High Court applications pursuant to the Trustee Acts to regularise defects on title.
- Represents clients in mediations to achieve mutually beneficial agreements between parties.
- Acted for receivers in relation to claims brought by parties challenging the validity of the receiver appointments, bank security, demand and enforcement procedures and adherence to Central Bank Codes of Conduct.
- Represented the Financial Services and Pensions Ombudsman in High Court appeals brought by consumers concerning consumer complaints involving allegations of mis-selling of financial investment products, banking services, insurance products and related services.
- Represented a state body in arbitration proceedings in relation to compensation claim concerning a CPO of lands.
- Represented various banks in relation to High Court actions involving solicitor’s negligence and breach of contract claims arising from a failure to perfect security.
- Advising and representing proprietors of licensed properties on liquor licensing requirements and associated licensing applications.